Gawler GP Inc wants its patients to receive the best possible healthcare and attention while using our services. We will work in partnership with them and their families to make sure that this happens.
Our patients have the right to access services that address their healthcare needs insofar as we have the capacity to provide these.
Our patients have the right to receive safe, high quality health services provided by qualified health professionals in a timely manner.
- Have the right to be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Have the right to have care provided which is respectful of their culture, beliefs and values.
- Have the right to have their consent obtained before going ahead with treatment.
- Have the right to receive open, timely and appropriate information about their health care in a way that will be easily understood.
- Can request other medical opinions and referrals to other health services
- Have the right to an interpreter.
- Can give feedback or make a complaint and receive a timely response.
- Have the right to join in decisions and choices about their healthcare. Children have the right to be consulted and participate and make decisions on their own behalf depending on their age.
- Are able to refuse healthcare and not explain the reason(s) for their choice.
Our patients can assist us to best meet their healthcare needs by:
- Treating staff and other patients with courtesy, dignity, and respect. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Following Gawler GP Inc. policies and procedures.
- Providing accurate, truthful and up to date information about their own health or the health of a child.
- Attending appointments or letting us know if they cannot attend.
- Asking for health care information or explanations where needed and asking for further clarification if this is not understood.
- Following the instructions for treatment or informing us if they decide not to.
- Accepting the consequences if treatment is refused.